Creative is Crucial
With 4.388 billion people in the world on the internet and 70% of America’s population active on social media, digital marketing has become highly effective in raising brand awareness, reaching new customers, and maintaining lasting relationships. As a result, most companies are publishing and advertising on digital channels. The question: is the content working?
After watching this year’s Google Marketing Live, where Google reveals its latest products, the main takeaway was stated very clearly by Laura Jones Joukovski, CMO of TechStyle Fashion Group, who during her talk on successful digital marketing said, “Creative matters, a lot.” Those four simple words say it all. Creative content is the key to any digital marketing strategy, especially in the world of scrolling, limitless information, and the mere seconds you have to capture attention.
What exactly does “creative content” mean? Think about video and images that literally make a thumb stop scrolling. To achieve this, there are a few best practices to keep in mind:
1. Ensure your brand is reflected throughout your content, creating association and awareness.
2. Be relevant and interesting. Know what’s going on in your target audiences’ lives and engage through that connection. Timing is key here. Track what’s trending and capitalize. Oh, and don’t forget to constantly weave in the value add!
3. Low quality visuals are a thing of the past. It’s all about high quality content that is engaging and shareable.
4. Tell a story that pulls at the heartstrings. The more your content is relatable, emotional, and compelling, the more likely your online community will interact.
5. Let performance be your guide. Tracking how your content is doing, measuring results, and continuously making improvements based on this analysis is critical to ensuring your content remains effective. You should also keep an eye on industry KPIs to maintain your creative edge and stay one step ahead of the competition.
So now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s discuss what type of creative content works the best on digital. The number one performing content category starts with a “v” and ends with “ideo”. Yes, video rules across digital marketing channels. In the US, 90% of people on the internet watch videos online. The answer to why may seem fairly obvious. Videos are dynamic and engaging. They can be easily shared across platforms and are easy to understand. Perhaps the most obvious point of all though, is that they’re entertaining.
According to Social Media Today, 90% of consumers say a video will assist in their purchasing decision. That being said, 81% of businesses are using it in their content strategy. On website landing pages alone, video has the potential to increase user conversion rates by 80%. When including the word “video” in an email subject line, open rates increase by nearly 20%. The statistics around the power of video are endless. The takeaway is, video reigns on digital and if you aren’t using it to promote your business, products and services, you need to start.
From product demos to customer testimonials, there are a lot of video types that can be utilized to reach your audience. This is where that creative content we discussed earlier comes in. By creating high quality, relevant, and inspiring video content, you are sure to keep your customers happy and hit growth goals, if not exceed them!
Looking for ideas on how video production can help your organization? Give us a call or fill out the form below.